Monday, March 16, 2009

Pray for our Nation...

Yesterday at our service, Pastor Lusk encouraged us to focus on repentance….and our prayers this week to focus on our national needs. I was so disheartened this morning to read this news reported on the First Things Blog. Our country is far down the slippery slope, showing NO reverence for the “sanctity of human beings”. This is just one more “in your face” example of our gross national sin. “….if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.” II Chron. 7: 14-15. I think the verses were spoken at the dedication of Solomon’s temple….I hope they apply to our land today AND we will pray!

No comments: