Friday, December 7, 2007

Parmesan Shortbread

I haven't tried this, but I intend to. Perhaps it would be like cheese straws..... 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp 1/2 t salt 1/4 t ground black pepper pinch of cayene pepper 8 ounces grated parmesan cheese 1 cup all purpose flour Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter, salt, black and cayenne pepper at low speed until blended. Add cheese and flour alternately and mix at low speed until smooth. Shape dought into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-1/8 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until light golden, about 13-15 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes then transfer to racks to cool completely. ....doesn't that sound good.......I won't get to attend Sarah's cookie swap this year, but if I did, I'd take this! I'll let you know how it turns out when I try it!

No comments: